WHO: Elementary school (K-6th grade, 5 years to 12 years old) beginner field hockey program for Vienna, VA (Never played to 1-2 years).
DATES: Saturdays, 5pm-7pm, June 19th-July 31st
REQUIRED: Shinguards, Mouthguard, Water. If you need a stick, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a loaner. We understand and are happy to loan you a brand new stick - we have plenty!!!
LOCATION: Nottaway Park, 9537 Courthouse Rd Vienna, VA 22181
INSTRUCTION: We will be focusing on the instruction of core skills consistent with USA Field Hockey methodology including ball control (pulls, dribble, 3D), passing skills (push, sweep, hit), and receiving skills (open, closed). Play-based situations and games will also be part of the curriculum for the last 40min - you are welcome to spectate and cheer :)
LEAD COACH: Jenny formerly played for the United States National Field Hockey Team and represented the US in international competitions such as The World Cup, New Zealand Test Series, and Japan 6 Nation Tournament. During college, she played midfield at Wake Forest University where she was a Division I All-American, All-ACC, Hall of Fame selection, and Academic All-American. She concluded her collegiate career with 76 goals and 186 points. She is a Certified Positive Coach with the Positive Coaching Alliance.
- USA Field Hockey National Club of Year Finalist
- 3x National Indoor Champion (U14, U16, U19)
- 2020 Mid-Atlantic Champions (U14)
- 3 College Connection UnderArmour Select Game Selections
- MAX Field Hockey Top 100 Class of 2023 Selection
- MAX Field Hockey All-Region Mid-Atlantic Second Team Selection
- MAX Field Hockey USA Player to Watch Selection
- 21 All-District Team Members (2021)
- 7 Virginia All-State Field Hockey Team Selections
- 4 Washington Post All-Met Team Selections
- 2019 Holiday Tournament Champions (U16, U19)
- 2019 Tiger Cup Champions (U14)
Recent College Commits:
Sara - Harvard University (D1)
Adriana - Davidson College (D1)
Niki - Virginia Wesleyan (D3)
Rules: Refunds are honored up until 24 hours prior to the first start date less the credit card processing fee.